The Rifle River Prosperity Network is excited to announce a brand new Mini-Grants opportunity for the communities of the Rifle River Watershed. With financial support and commitment from the Saginaw Bay Watershed Initiative Network (WIN), a total of $15,000 is available for projects that:
- Preserve and protect the forests, waters and wildlife of the Rifle River Watershed
- Encourage community engagement in conservation stewardship and building vibrant communities
- Support economic development opportunities showcasing the Rifle River Watershed’s rich outdoor experiences
The Rifle River Prosperity Network is made up of natural resource conservation professionals and economic development leaders from the communities of Ogemaw and Arenac counties, who have come together to intentionally connect economic investment and conservation stewardship. Our goal is to create a strong future for the Rifle River region’s special people, places and way of life.
Applications for this opportunity should demonstrate projects that:
- Develop and promote the Rifle River region’s natural features as community assets to be enjoyed, protected and shared with others
- Engage multiple community stakeholders in the development and completion of the project
Grant awards will range from $2,000-$7,500 and the deadline to submit applications is November 23, 2016. Details on the program’s background, applicant eligibility, application instructions and requirements can be found on the Rifle River Prosperity Network’s web page, huronpines.org/rpn.
Not Ready to Submit Your Own Project Idea? Be a Sponsor Organization!
Sponsor organizations are entities with a federally recognized tax ID number who can partner with a group or organization who has a great project idea for the watershed and may not have a federal tax ID.
Examples of sponsor organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Conservation Districts
- Community Foundations
- Local units of government
By filling this important role you will be increasing community engagement and demonstrating trust in partnership.
For more information on this opportunity and to discuss your project idea contact Huron Pines by email or by calling (989) 448-2293 ext. 21.