The program places college graduates for a 10-month term of full-time volunteer service with conservation organizations across Michigan. Through service Huron Pines AmeriCorps members receive real‐world experience, networking and training opportunities, a living stipend, health coverage and, upon completion of service, an education award to pursue advanced degrees or courses. Huron Pines AmeriCorps is a program of Huron Pines and is supported in part by the Corporation for National and Community Service, Michigan Community Service Commission, Huron Pines and contributions from host sites.
Hosting a Huron Pines AmeriCorps member provides tremendous value for our host sites and due to high demand, selection of host sites is a competitive process. Host sites for each year are selected based on the merit of their application and the level of impact members would have on natural resource conservation in Michigan.
Host Site applications for the 2020-2021 service year are being accepted from June 24 – August 3, 2020. If you are interested in applying to qualify as a Host Site, contact Jennie Zoll, Finance and Administration Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host Site Information
Applications to Host a Huron Pines AmeriCorps member are due to Jennie Zoll, Finance and Administration Director, email@example.com in July each year.
Selected Host Sites are announced in August.
MOU’s and Position Descriptions are due by mid August.
2019-2020 Host Sites
Members began service at Host Sites on February 3, 2020.
Check out our 2019-2020 Host Sites:
- Antrim Conservation District (Bellaire)
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources:
- Atlanta Field Office
- Gladwin Field Office
- Grayling Field Office
- Lansing-Constitution Hall
- Pigeon River Country State Forest
- Roscommon Field Office
- Traverse City Field Office
- Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy (Traverse City)
- Huron Pines (Gaylord)
- Keweenaw Land Trust (Houghton)
- Leelanau Conservancy (Leland)
- Little Forks Conservancy (Midland)
- Michigan Nature Association (Okemos)
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory (Lansing)
- Michigan State University Extension- Sea Grant (Macomb County)
- Michigan United Conservation Clubs (Lansing)
- Missaukee Conservation District (Lake City)
- US Fish & Wildlife Service (Lansing)
- US Forest Service- Mio Ranger District (Mio)