Investing in Natural Resources Benefits Everyone
Making the connection between the stewardship of nature and our region’s economy, Huron Pines works in partnership with businesses that have an interest in Northeast Michigan. We use a science-based approach to land, water and wildlife protection and constantly think about how our programs can provide long-term benefits to the community. Collaboration with those in industry, tourism, energy, technology and other sectors is a way to find common ground and benefit the region as whole. Investing in the outdoors together improves the quality of life in the region, something that we know is good for both business and the environment.
HURON PINES BUSINESS SUPPORTERS:
- Great Lakes Energy contributed generously through their People Fund in support of our Song of the Morning Dam Removal project to reconnect the Pigeon River.
- Consumers Energy Foundation has supported Huron Pines’ invasive species, Huron Pines AmeriCorps and volunteer programs with generous grants. Through an employee volunteer match program, each year Consumers Energy also sponsors our Garlic Mustard Pull and Wildflower Tour at Foote Dam in Oscoda.
- DTE Energy Company and the DTE Energy Foundation have supported a number of key land and water stewardship initiatives with Huron Pines. In the early days of our Huron Pines AmeriCorps program, they were the first corporation to jump on board with that innovative effort, helping us improve communities and put many college graduates on the pathway to future employment in natural resources management.
- ITC Holdings Corp. has given in support of our Kirtland’s Warbler Initiative and projects to enhance the health of the Au Sable River Watershed, as well as the Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program.
- Eagle Creek Renewable Energy has given annually in support of invasive species removal and streambank erosion control efforts in the Thunder Bay River Watershed.
- Patagonia supported our Song of the Morning Dam Removal project through their World Trout Initiative.
- Jay’s Sporting Goods provides sponsorship for special events.
- Line 45 generously supports Huron Pines through donations toward special events and discounted services.
- Paddle Hard Brewing celebrates clean water by brewing special Huron Pines beers and donating a portion of the proceeds to our river restoration work.
- Red Pine Roasters donates a portion of proceeds from their Conservation Blend coffee to Huron Pines and also provides coffee donations for our events.
- Rose Valley Winery donates a portion of sales from their Houghton Creek Red to Huron Pines in support of our Rifle River restoration work.
- J&N Construction has generously donated supplies and in-kind services for our restoration projects.
- First Federal of Northern Michigan has been a strong supporter of our Nonprofit Leaders Series aimed at providing ongoing training opportunities for Northeast Michigan nonprofits.
- Krenn Bridge Co. has contributed toward our river restoration projects and our Spring Celebration event.
- Huntington Bank has been a business member of Huron Pines for years and has generously supported special events.