Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about upcoming events.
- This event has passed.
April 2, 2022: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
April 2, 2022
Jay’s Sporting Goods
1151 S Otsego Ave, Gaylord, MI 49735
Discover places to hunt and fish across Northern Michigan while you learn how to prevent the spread of invasive species and protect your favorite wild places.
The event will cover practical tips for protecting wildlife habitat while hunting and fishing and introduce tools to locate some lesser known hunting and fishing spots on public and private land. Plus, attendees will have a chance to win a Jay’s gift card and other door prizes.
- Overview of DNR Hunting Access Program and Grouse Enhanced Management sites
- Forest and grassland invasive species of concern
- Hunting gear decontamination demonstration
- Stream restoration, enhanced fish habitat and locations
- Aquatic invasive species of concern
- Fishing gear decontamination demonstration
- Large gear decontamination (kayaks, bikes, ORVs)
- Wrap up and Q&A
This event is supported in part by the Michigan Invasive Species Grant program and the Consumers Energy Foundation.
This is part of the Protect Wild Places event series established to empower Michigan communities to support the land and water to restore 5,000 acres of wildlife habitat and recreational land, and 150 miles of waterways and Great Lakes shoreline.