Huron Pines has a unique and important role because of our ability to work with a huge variety of partners. From international and corporate funders and foundations to state and federal agencies; to local businesses, private landowners, land conservancies, schools and citizen watershed groups; our collaborative approach aims to involve everyone in the stewardship of our natural resources. We work hard to align priorities with our partners and to leverage and build on existing support and enthusiasm. This helps us stretch each dollar further for maximum benefits to Great Lakes ecosystems for the good of all who enjoy and depend on them.
Huron Pines Business Supporters:
- Great Lakes Energy contributed generously through their People Fund in support of our Song of the Morning Dam Removal project to reconnect the Pigeon River.
- Consumers Energy Foundation has supported Huron Pines’ invasive species, Huron Pines AmeriCorps and volunteer programs with generous grants. Through an employee volunteer match program, each year Consumers Energy also sponsors our Garlic Mustard Pull and Wildflower Tour at Foote Dam in Oscoda.
- DTE Energy Company and the DTE Energy Foundation have supported a number of key land and water stewardship initiatives with Huron Pines. In the early days of our Huron Pines AmeriCorps program, they were the first corporation to jump on board with that innovative effort, helping us improve communities and put many college graduates on the pathway to future employment in natural resources management.
- ITC Holdings Corp. has given in support of our Kirtland’s Warbler Initiative and projects to enhance the health of the Au Sable River Watershed, as well as the Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program.
- Eagle Creek Renewable Energy has given annually in support of invasive species removal and streambank erosion control efforts in the Thunder Bay River Watershed.
- Patagonia supported our Song of the Morning Dam Removal project through their World Trout Initiative.
- Jay’s Sporting Goods provides sponsorship for special events.
- Line 45 generously supports Huron Pines through donations toward special events and discounted services.
- Paddle Hard Brewing celebrates clean water by brewing special Huron Pines beers and donating a portion of the proceeds to our river restoration work.
- Red Pine Roasters donates a portion of proceeds from their Conservation Blend coffee to Huron Pines and also provides coffee donations for our events.
- Rose Valley Winery donates a portion of sales from their Houghton Creek Red to Huron Pines in support of our Rifle River restoration work.
- J&N Construction has generously donated supplies and in-kind services for our restoration projects.
- First Federal of Northern Michigan has been a strong supporter of our Nonprofit Leaders Series aimed at providing ongoing training opportunities for Northeast Michigan nonprofits.
- Krenn Bridge Co. has contributed toward our river restoration projects and our Spring Celebration event.
- Huntington Bank has been a business member of Huron Pines for years and has generously supported special events.
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Sustain Our Great Lakes program
Great Lakes Commission
Federal and State Funders and Partners:
Great Lakes Restoration Initiative program
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
United States Fish & Wildlife Service
United States Forest Service
United States Environmental Protection Agency
United States Department of Agriculture
Corporation for National and Community Service
Michigan Community Service Commission
Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – Camp Grayling
Northeast Michigan Council of Governments
Community Partners and Foundations:
County Road Commissions
The Conservation Fund
Great Lakes Fishery Trust
Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition
The Americana Foundation
The Carls Foundation
Saginaw Bay Watershed Initiative Network (WIN)
The Elizabeth, Allan, & Warren Shelden Fund
Otsego County Community Foundation
Bay Area Community Foundation
Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan
Plum Creek Foundation
Mullett Lake Area Preservation Society
Muskegon River Watershed Assembly
Au Sable North Branch Area Foundation
Higgins Lake Foundation
Au Sable River Property Owners Association
Pine River-Van Etten Lake Watershed Coalition (PRVEL)
Trout Unlimited Chapters