Now Accepting Applications for 2022 Huron Pines AmeriCorps Service Year
- An opportunity to join others with dedication, passion and enthusiasm for the environment and for national service
- Develop real-world skills, increase your experiences and have the opportunity to network with other resource professionals
- Education award in the amount of $6,345
- Loan forbearance of qualified federal student loans during the term of service
- Living stipend totaling $16,000 (distributed bi-weekly; this is taxable income)
- Health care coverage
- Child care benefits, if applicable
Minimum eligibility requirements
All positions require the following but please read each position description carefully for specific position requirements:
- United States citizen or have proof of lawful permanent resident alien status
- Valid driver’s license
- A commitment to serving 1,700 hours from January 12, 2022 through November 18, 2022
- Ability to pass a background check
How to apply
Read through the position descriptions below to determine the position(s) for which you would like to apply.
- Fill out the “Member Application 2022”
- Submit one cover letter, resume and Huron Pines AmeriCorps Member Application via email to Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program Manager Amanda Vanaman at email@example.com. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
*The full term of service is January 12, 2022 through November 18, 2022*
Click on the positions below to download complete descriptions and requirements
Reasonable accommodations: If you need to make a request for reasonable accommodation, such as obtaining materials in a different format to fully participate in the application process, please contact Amanda Vanaman, firstname.lastname@example.org, Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program Manager.
Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program Overview
The Huron Pines AmeriCorps program has been developing leaders in conservation in communities across Michigan since 2007. Huron Pines AmeriCorps members strive to enhance Michigan’s natural resources and foster environmental stewardship by engaging local volunteers, community groups and schools in service projects, hands-on learning opportunities and educational workshops.
We’ve seen over 300 Huron Pines AmeriCorps members come through the program over the last decade and their accomplishments have been staggering. Huron Pines AmeriCorps members have restored over 1,000 miles of river, improved over 22,000 acres of public land and reached over 73,500 students across Michigan.
In 2015, we were honored to receive the Governor’s Service Award for Outstanding National Service Program. This is an award we share with all of the members, organizations and funders who have partnered with us to make this program a success.
The program places college graduates for a 10-month term of full-time volunteer service with conservation organizations across Michigan. Through service Huron Pines AmeriCorps members receive real‐world experience, networking and training opportunities, a living stipend, health coverage and, upon completing their service, an education award to pursue advanced degrees or courses. Huron Pines AmeriCorps is a program of Huron Pines and is supported in part by the Corporation for National and Community Service, Michigan Community Service Commission, Huron Pines and contributions from host sites.
Hosting a Huron Pines AmeriCorps member provides tremendous value for our host sites and due to high demand, selection of host sites is a competitive process. Host sites for each year are selected based on the merit of their application and the level of impact members would have on natural resource conservation in Michigan.
AmeriCorps, a federal agency, brings people together to tackle the country’s most pressing challenges, through national service and volunteering. AmeriCorps members and AmeriCoprs Seniors volunteers serve with organizations dedicated to improvement of communities. AmeriCorps helps make service to others a cornerstone of our national culture. Learn more at AmeriCorps.gov.
For more Huron Pines information and updates, sign up to receive our newsletter: